In a rustic Italian trattoria, the air carries whispers of tradition and warmth, weaving a tale of a tomato basil garlic pasta topped with sun-dried tomatoes, fragrant basil, and creamy burrata. The dish emerges from the bustling kitchen, each element thoughtfully placed upon a bed of al dente pasta...the flavors melding into a rich symphony of sweetness and earthiness.
Sun-dried tomatoes lend bursts of intense tanginess, while fresh basil leaves add a vibrant herbal note. And finally, the crown jewel: a luscious ball of burrata, its velvety center oozing with creamy delight. With every forkful, one is transported to the sun-soaked hills of Italy, indulging in the timeless magic and tradition of tomato and basil.
Tomato Basil Garlic Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes and Light Tomato Sauce
1 box Scratch Pasta Co. Tomato Basil Garlic Fusilli
2 Tbsp of Graza Sizzle olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 jar (16 ounces) Natural Blonde Bloody Mary mix
1/4 cup of sundried tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
1-2 balls fresh burrata
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the Tomato Basil Garlic pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant and lightly golden.
3. Add the tomato sauce to the skillet and simmer for 5 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together and sauce to reduce.
4. Stir in the sundried tomatoes and half of the fresh basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the cooked pasta to the skillet, tossing it gently with the sauce until well-coated. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to allow the pasta to absorb the flavors.
6. Remove from heat and plate.
7. Top with ball of burrata, gently opening one side to allow it to warm and ooze. Top with remaining basil, a drizzle of additional Graza, and fresh salt & pepper.